Monday, December 29

My mental health New Year's resolutions

It's the time of year now, with all the indulgence of Christmas pretty much over, when people start thinking about their New Year's resolutions. There's always the standard ones of shifting a few pounds, joining a gym, stopping smoking etc. and I'm sure I'll pledge to do a few things myself, forget about them and then bemoan my lack of progress in November/December 2015! But one thing I can be sure of is my continued dedication to the mental health cause, so to that end I've put together a list of eight resolutions:


My mental health New Year's Resolutions:

1. Not ever feel worried about sharing my mental health story - it could potentially help people to know about it whereas no one will benefit if I remain silent.
2. Continue pushing MHAG's aims of tackling stigma, promoting services and pushing for better services.
3. Speak up whenever I see mental health not being treated as importantly as physical health.
4. Look out for those who could be struggling from mental health issues, even if they are hidden, and act where I can to alleviate those issues.
5. Recognise the symptoms of my own mental health issues and act more quickly if they start worsening.
6. Read as much as I can about developments in law, treatments and charity campaigns.
7. Plan a fund-raising challenge in aid of MHAG.
8. Finish editing my journal about my experience of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is not monitored 24/7 and comments are not moderated by trained health professionals. If you need urgent support, please contact Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 (UK).