Saturday, December 13

Pride of Redditch

Last night I was thrilled to receive a Pride of Redditch award for the second year running. The reason I'm sharing this with you is I feel each of our MHAG members deserve a little piece of this too, so whilst I'm not going to start snapping them into little pieces and throwing them into the audience like Cady in Mean Girls I do want to thank each and every person who's ever supported my little charity group.

It started out as a discussion in a pub between myself and Beccy. We wondered if we could get some like-minded people together to talk about mental health. Less than two years later and I now have two shiny certificates to symbolise how far the group has come.

But more than that, I have an amazing set of new friends who I love dearly, MHAG is recognised in the county by most of the statutory services and is supported heavily by the voluntary sector. People are starting to know the group's name, who we are and what we do. People are starting to know they can turn to us if they need help. We are making a real difference.

All of this means the world to me. I can never put into words how important MHAG is to me and how proud I am to be associated with all the amazing people the group has attracted.

So thank you MHAG - these are for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is not monitored 24/7 and comments are not moderated by trained health professionals. If you need urgent support, please contact Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 (UK).